If you are thinking about garage insulation, then this post is for you! When it comes to your home, you will always find that one of the first things that people see is your garage. It is always going to help you boost your curb appeal when your garage is looking great from the outside.Most of the time, that comes down to the garage door. So, if you know that you want to ensure that your house looks great, it’s important to choose your garage door wisely.
However, that’s not all you need to consider. Because, as you may know, your garage door is going to be the biggest door or access point on your property. And for this reason, you may find that it can be an issue when it comes to energy efficiency. You may start to realize that you are losing a lot of heat and energy through this door! And this is why garage door insulation can be a great idea.
There are many benefits to garage door insulation and you are likely to find that energy efficiency and money saving are a huge plus here, especially if your garage is attached to your home. But that’s not all. You may find that it is quieter during operation and the door becomes reinforced and stronger too. It can also become a lot more sound proof as well, if you’re looking to dull down external noise.
And the good news is, you don’t always have to have this carried out by professionals or invest in a new door. If you’d like to be able to benefit from a well-insulated door, you can pick up garage door insulation kits that you can do yourself!
The Top Garage Door Insulation Kits
So here we have it, here are the best garage door insulation products that you can buy right now as recommended by Garage Door Nation!
1. Matador Garage Door Insulation Kit
If you want to transform your garage area and protect it from heat changes, then garage insulation is what you need. With the Matador Garage Door Insulation Kit, you can achieve this in under an hour. What's more, you don’t need any specialist tools to make this happen either. The only things you need here are a straight edge, utility knife, tape measure, work gloves and safety goggles and you can install it yourself.
The Matador Garage Door Insulation can be installed in just three simple steps. By measuring, cutting, and snapping into position, your garage door will be insulated.
- R-value of 4.8 at 75 degree Fahrenheit for 1¼" thick panels
- Boards Per Kit: 8 boards (1 kit required) - 16 boards (2 kits required)
- Weight: Approx. 10 lbs.
- Residential Dimensions: 20¼" x 54" x 1¼"
- Commercial Dimensions: 23¼" x 54" x 1¼"
- The product is neat and light, making it easy to maneuver
- Very easy to cut and install
- Sound is radically reduced as a result of the insulation
- No specialist tools are required
- No professional assistance or installation should be needed
- Previous users have seen temperature reduction by up to 6 degrees Fahrenheit
- Some people have noticed that the material bends during installation, so it’s important to be careful when cutting and putting in place
- It can be a messy installation process, so it’s important to cut in a smooth motion in order to keep the mess to a minimum
2. NASA TECH White Reflective Foam Core 2-Car Garage Door Insulation Kit
Another solid option to consider is the NASA TECH White Reflective Foam Core 2-Car Garage Door Insulation Kit.
Made in the USA, this option is great to reducing any sound that you do not want to hear. It’s also very lightweight and will get the job done. The NASA TECH model benefits from having a Class 1 Class A Fire rate too. You will find that it does then in fact meet all US and international fire standards. Alongside the kit, you will find that it comes with a new and improved heavy-duty double-sided tape that is used within the automotive industry. This kit is great for us in both hot and cold climates.
- This garage door insulation kit will fit an 18 ft x 8 ft garage. It can also fit 18 ft x 7 ft
- Allows for an R8 value insulation
- The kit comes with 4 rolls of 2 ft x 18 ft white/foil foam core insulation, some heavy-duty double-sided tape, a razor, a squeegee, and easy to follow instructions
- Non-toxic and non-carcinogenic
- Made in the USA
- The NASA TECH White Reflective Foam Core 2-Car Garage Door Insulation Kit provides a very clean and smart finish
- Customers have reported a 10 to 20 degree drop in temperature after using the product
- Very simple and easy to install without the need for professional help
- Customers have struggled with previous tapes, yet the new tape supplied has great reviews
- Installation needs to be done correctly in order for the benefits to be received. Ensure the instructions are followed correctly
3.Cellofoam Garage Door Insulation Kit
When you want garage insulation that is easy and quick, definitely consider the Cellofoam Garage Door Insulation Kit. You’ll find that it allows you to add increased comfort for your garage door for smooth operation. It is a perfect fit to the standard single car residential garage door made of metal. If you have a double garage door, then you’ll want to make sure that you purchase two kits, and they will then cover the entire door.
The Cellofoam kit is made out of expanded polystyrene (EPS) core covered with a high impact styrene (HIPS) laminate. This allows it to insulate but also look appealing too. So if you want a durable and efficient insulation kit, you’ll find it here.
- Quick and easy to install yourself without needed an expert to help
- Offers a superior durability to the door
- Allows for sound proofing to allow you to enjoy the garage more.
- The panel sizes are 20" x 54" x 1 1/2"
- The R Value is 4.8
- Simple and efficient installation method which you can do alone without having assistance if necessary
- Takes around an hour to install or less
- General household tools needed, nothing specialist which makes it an easy task to take on
- Really appealing design that makes the space liveable
- Pieces need to be cut to the right length, so a keen eye for detail is useful
4.Reach Barrier 3009 Garage Door Insulation Kit
If you want a simple do-it-yourself kit that you can install easily and without help, turn to the Reach Barrier 3009 Garage Door Insulation Kit. When you know you want to reduce the temperature of your garage in the summer or keep the heat in within the winter, then you’re going to find it here.
The kit will cover a standard 8 ft x 8 ft garage door. Using both Reach Barrier reflective insulation and bubble barrier technology, you’ll benefit from blocking out up to 95 per cent of unwanted heat! When you use the Reach Barrier garage insulation, it complies with building codes for your peace of mind. Within the kit, you will receive 8 Reach Barrier bubble insulation panels, permanent bond adhesive tape, and easy to follow instructions to install.
- Up to 95% of heat is blocked out
- Specialist reflective insulation and bubble barrier technology
- Panels and adhesive both included in the back
- The panels are made of 5/32 inch Barrier Bubble laminated between 2 layers of reflective polyethylene
- Customers have reported that temperature was reduced significantly after using the kit, even years after the initial installation
- Really lightweight and easy to use
- Just a small amount of trimming after insulation can ensure that the finished result looks great
- Make sure you know what size door you’re working with and order the right amount of boards that will fit the garage size that you have
5.SmartGARAGE Reflective Garage Door Insulation Kit
You know that you want to work on garage door insulation in order to avoid heat loss and save money, but how do you get started? With the SmartGARAGE Reflective Garage Door Insulation Kit, you will find that you can save money on your utility bills. On average, you will find that the SmartGARAGE garage insulation will allow you to reduce the temperature by 8 degrees in the summer. So, if you want to use your garage space to work from or enjoy as a living area, you can do that when the insulation has been installed. Not only that, but you’re also going to be able to save on heating costs in the winter – whether you want to use your garage for living or storing your car.
- Made from high-quality 4mm closed cell polyethylene foam
- Heat reduction technology that will reduce the temperature by at least 8 degrees within the summer months
- Enjoy garage insulation that is easy to install but also comes with a clean look
- Non-toxic and non- carcinogenic
- Easily installed by yourself (without the need for professional insulation) within just a few hours
- Highly-durable double-sided tape keeps the insulation in place in extreme temperatures
- Minimal tools needed in order to get the quality fit and finish you desire
- Lightweight so needs to be secured properly to ensure that it stays attached and doesn’t fall off.
6.Owens Corning Garage Door Insulation Kit
If you want to make sure that you are able to keep heat in or allow a room to stay cool, you need insulation that performs well. When you turn to the Owens Corning Garage Door Insulation Kit, you’ll find that your garage door enjoys five times better thermal performance. You may also experience up to a 20% reduction in the noise levels. Best of all, you’re going to find that you are able to install the insulation in under an hour if you have a standard single garage door.
The kit will allow for you to carry out garage door insulation for a unit of up to 9 ft wide. The panels are made out of R-8 fiberglass but also come with a vinyl facing to help you ensure the room looks great too for whatever your intended use is.
- Durable panels with a tough outer core that is also visually pleasing.
- Easy to clean vinyl surface if you’re using a mild detergent
- Quick to install and no specialist tools are required
- Safely and swiftly insulate your garage door using just a tape measure, utility knife, straight-edge and marker
- Intended for an uninsulated metal garage door
- Customers have found that the garage door insulation kit makes the operation quieter and smoother
- Reduces the heat by up to 10 degrees
- Some customers have noted that the pins supplied do not hold the panels securely
- Using glue or tape to keep them in place can really help to make it last
Best Garage Door Insulation Kit Summary
Now that you’ve read through this guide, you should know a little more about garage insulation and have a better understanding of the current kits available. Remember, there are pros and cons to using many of those that we have outlined before. And you should be able to find the best kit that suits your budget and your requirements.
As you can see, most of the kids are easy to install and require little to no maintenance. They will also fit a standard garage door, but you will want to ensure that your particular model will work with the kit.