If you are thinking about garage insulation, then this post is for you. When it comes to your home, you will always find that one of the first things that people see is your garage. It is always going to help you boost your curb appeal when your garage is looking great from the outside. Most of the time, that comes down to the garage door. So, if you know that you want to ensure that your house looks great, it’s important to choose your garage door wisely.
However, that’s not all you need to consider. Because, as you may know, your garage door is going to be the biggest door or access point on your property. And for this reason, you may find that it can be an issue when it comes to energy efficiency. You may start to realize that you are losing a lot of heat and energy through this door and this is why garage door insulation can be a great idea.
There are many benefits to garage door insulation and you are likely to find that energy efficiency and money saving are a huge plus here, especially if your garage is attached to your home. But that’s not all. You may find that it is quieter during operation and the door becomes reinforced and stronger too. It can also become a lot more soundproof as well if you’re looking to dull down external noise.
And the good news is, you don’t always have to have this carried out by professionals or invest in a new door. If you’d like to be able to benefit from a well-insulated door, you can pick up garage door insulation kits that you can do yourself.
The Top Garage Door Insulation Kits
So here we have it, here are the best garage door insulation products that you can buy right now as recommended by Garage Door Nation!
1. Matador Garage Door Insulation Kit
If you want to transform your garage area and protect it from heat changes, then garage insulation is what you need. With the Matador Garage Door Insulation Kit, you can insulate an 8 feet x 7 feet garage door, which is a perfect size for most garages.
The kit includes eight high-quality foam panels that are easy to install. They are also durable, which means they can withstand harsh weather conditions and keep your garage area comfortable.
The foam panels are made of polystyrene, which is an excellent material for insulation. It has a high R-value, meaning it can resist heat flow. This makes the Matador Garage Door Insulation Kit ideal for keeping your garage area cool in summer and warm in winter.
Plus with their unique design, these panels fit easily between the supports of your garage door without causing it to sag.
Installing them is also a breeze, you can get it done in under an hour. What's more, you don’t need any specialist tools to make this happen either. The only things you need here are a straight edge, utility knife, tape measure, work gloves and safety goggles and you can install it yourself.
The Matador Garage Door Insulation can be installed in just three simple steps. By measuring, cutting, and snapping into position, your garage door will be insulated.
- R-value of 4.8 at 75 degree Fahrenheit for 1¼" thick panels
- Boards Per Kit: 8 boards (1 kit required) - 16 boards (2 kits required)
- Weight: Approx. 10 lbs.
- Residential Dimensions: 20¼" x 54" x 1¼"
- Commercial Dimensions: 23¼" x 54" x 1¼"
- The product is neat and light, making it easy to maneuver
- Very easy to cut and install
- Sound is radically reduced as a result of the insulation
- No specialist tools are required
- No professional assistance or installation should be needed
- Previous users have seen temperature reduction by up to 6 degrees Fahrenheit
- Some people have noticed that the material bends during installation, so it’s important to be careful when cutting and putting in place
- It can be a messy installation process, so it’s important to cut in a smooth motion in order to keep the mess to a minimum
2. NASA TECH White Reflective Foam Core 2-Car Garage Door Insulation Kit
Another solid option to consider is the NASA TECH White Reflective Foam Core 2-Car Garage Door Insulation Kit.
Made in the USA, this option is great for anyone living in close proximity to their neighbors or busy streets, as it will help to reduce the amount of noise that enters their home.
This option comes with 4 rolls of 2’ x 18’ reflective white foam core insulation, which is enough to insulate two average-sized garage doors.
It’s also very lightweight and easy to install, which is great if you’re not very handy.
The NASA TECH model benefits from having a Class 1 Class A Fire rate too. You will find that it does in fact meet all US and international fire standards. The Class 1 fire rating means that this product is less flammable than other options on the market, and is, therefore, safer to use.
Alongside the kit, you will find that it comes with a new and improved heavy-duty double-sided tape that is used within the automotive industry.
This kit is great for use in both hot and cold climates. In very hot climates, the reflective white foam core will deflect heat away from the garage door, helping to keep it cooler. In colder climates, the insulation will help to keep heat in, making it more energy-efficient.
- This garage door insulation kit will fit an 18 ft x 8 ft garage. It can also fit 18 ft x 7 ft
- Allows for an R8 value insulation
- The kit comes with 4 rolls of 2 ft x 18 ft white/foil foam core insulation, some heavy-duty double-sided tape, a razor, a squeegee, and easy to follow instructions
- Non-toxic and non-carcinogenic
- Made in the USA
- The NASA TECH White Reflective Foam Core 2-Car Garage Door Insulation Kit provides a very clean and smart finish
- Customers have reported a 10 to 20 degree drop in temperature after using the product
- Very simple and easy to install without the need for professional help
- Customers have struggled with previous tapes, yet the new tape supplied has great reviews
- Installation needs to be done correctly in order for the benefits to be received. Ensure the instructions are followed correctly
3. Cellofoam Garage Door Insulation Kit
When you want garage insulation that is easy and quick, definitely consider the Cellofoam Garage Door Insulation Kit.
This product comes with eight panels that are made out of expanded polystyrene (EPS) core covered with a high impact styrene (HIPS) laminate.
The panels are thick enough to keep the cold out but thin enough that they won’t take up too much space inside your garage. Plus the laminate enhances the durability and appearance of the panels and makes it easy to clean them.
With an R-value of s 4.8, this kit is a perfect fit for the standard single car residential garage door made of metal. If you have a double garage door, then you’ll want to make sure that you purchase two kits.
Also, when it comes to installation, the kit comes with everything that you need to install it. There is no need to hire a professional or purchase additional equipment. In fact, installation can be done in under an hour by one person.
- Quick and easy to install yourself without needed an expert to help
- Offers a superior durability to the door
- Allows for sound proofing to allow you to enjoy the garage more.
- The panel sizes are 20" x 54" x 1 1/2"
- The R Value is 4.8
- Simple and efficient installation method which you can do alone without having assistance if necessary
- Takes around an hour to install or less
- General household tools needed, nothing specialist which makes it an easy task to take on
- Really appealing design that makes the space liveable
- Pieces need to be cut to the right length, so a keen eye for detail is useful
4. Reach Barrier 3009 Garage Door Insulation Kit
If you want a simple do-it-yourself kit that you can install easily and without help, turn to the Reach Barrier 3009 Garage Door Insulation Kit. When you know you want to reduce the temperature of your garage in the summer or keep the heat in within the winter, then you’re going to find it here.
The kit will cover a standard 8 ft x 8 ft garage door. Using both Reach Barrier reflective insulation and bubble barrier technology, you’ll benefit from blocking out up to 95 per cent of unwanted heat.
When you use the Reach Barrier garage insulation, it complies with building codes for your peace of mind. Within the kit, you will receive 8 Reach Barrier bubble insulation panels, permanent bond adhesive tape, and easy to follow instructions to install.
- Up to 95% of heat is blocked out
- Specialist reflective insulation and bubble barrier technology
- Panels and adhesive both included in the back
- The panels are made of 5/32 inch Barrier Bubble laminated between 2 layers of reflective polyethylene
- Customers have reported that temperature was reduced significantly after using the kit, even years after the initial installation
- Really lightweight and easy to use
- Just a small amount of trimming after insulation can ensure that the finished result looks great
- Make sure you know what size door you’re working with and order the right amount of boards that will fit the garage size that you have
5. SmartGARAGE Reflective Garage Door Insulation Kit
You know that you want to work on garage door insulation in order to avoid heat loss and save money, but how do you get started? With the SmartGARAGE Reflective Garage Door Insulation Kit, you will find that you can save money on your utility bills.
On average, you will find that the SmartGARAGE garage insulation will allow you to reduce the temperature by 8 degrees in the summer. This means that your home will be cooler and therefore use less energy to cool down.
So, if you want to use your garage space to work from or enjoy as a living area, you can do that when the insulation has been installed. Not only that, but you’re also going to be able to save on heating costs in the winter, whether you want to use your garage for living or storing your car.
- Made from high-quality 4mm closed cell polyethylene foam
- Heat reduction technology that will reduce the temperature by at least 8 degrees within the summer months
- Enjoy garage insulation that is easy to install but also comes with a clean look
- Non-toxic and non- carcinogenic
- Easily installed by yourself (without the need for professional insulation) within just a few hours
- Highly-durable double-sided tape keeps the insulation in place in extreme temperatures
- Minimal tools needed in order to get the quality fit and finish you desire
- Lightweight so needs to be secured properly to ensure that it stays attached and doesn’t fall off.
6. Owens Corning Garage Door Insulation Kit
If you want to make sure that you are able to keep heat in or allow a room to stay cool, you need insulation that performs well. When you turn to the Owens Corning Garage Door Insulation Kit, you’ll find that your garage door enjoys five times better thermal performance. You may also experience up to a 20% reduction in the noise levels. Best of all, you’re going to find that you are able to install the insulation in under an hour if you have a standard single garage door.
The kit will allow for you to attain insulated garage doors for a unit of up to 9 ft wide. The panels are made out of R-8 fiberglass but also come with a vinyl facing to help you ensure the room looks great too for whatever your intended use is.
- Durable panels with a tough outer core that is also visually pleasing.
- Easy to clean vinyl surface if you’re using a mild detergent
- Quick to install and no specialist tools are required
- Safely and swiftly insulate your garage door using just a tape measure, utility knife, straight-edge and marker
- Intended for an uninsulated metal garage door
- Customers have found that the garage door insulation kit makes the operation quieter and smoother
- Reduces the heat by up to 10 degrees
- Some customers have noted that the pins supplied do not hold the panels securely
- Using glue or tape to keep them in place can really help to make it last
Garage door insulation kits are useful for saving energy and protecting your home from the elements, but there are some things to keep in mind when deciding which one to purchase, and they are as follows.
The R-value of the insulation
This is one of the most important things to consider. The higher the R-value, the more effectively the insulation will deflect heat and cold from your garage. This is particularly important if you live in a region that experiences both extreme hot and extreme cold temperatures.
Most garage door insulation kits are easy to install, but it's always a good idea to read reviews from people who have purchased the kit you're considering. Many of the best garage door insulation kits come with installation instructions and even a video that demonstrates how to install the kit.
The material used in your garage door insulation kit will determine its effectiveness at keeping heat out of your garage. Look for an insulation kit made from foam or fiberglass that has been sprayed with a reflective coating. Fiberglass is an excellent insulator, but it can be difficult to work with. Foam is easier to install, but it doesn't reflect heat as well as fiberglass.
The thickness of your insulation kit is also important because it determines how well it will insulate your garage. Most kits come with thicker foam inserts that can be trimmed down if needed, but there may be other options available depending on the type of garage door you have.
Garage door insulation kits vary in price depending on the type of material used and whether you can install it yourself or pay someone else to do it for you. You'll also need to factor in any additional costs required for tools and supplies if you're doing the work yourself.
Best Garage Door Insulation Kit Summary
Now that you’ve read through this guide, you should know a little more about garage insulation and have a better understanding of the current kits available. Remember, there are pros and cons to using many of those that we have outlined before. And you should be able to find the best kit that suits your budget and your requirements.
As you can see, most of the kits are easy to install and require little to no maintenance. They will also fit a standard garage door, but you will want to ensure that your particular model will work with the kit.