When it comes to decor, many people will overlook their garage. Usually reserved as a room for utility and work, it often doesn’t feel important to focus on what this space looks like. Of course, though, if you spend a lot of time in your garage, it makes sense to put some time into the way that this space looks and functions.
The floor will always be a big part of this job, forming a large element of the fundamental style of the space. Along with this, though, the right flooring can also provide a huge range of practical benefits - especially if you deal with functioning water heating in your garage as well!. Garage floor tile kits come with everything you need to cover the floor in your garage, offering an easy way to improve the form and function of a space like this. Similar to car floor mats, you can handle the installation yourself without any special tools or chemicals, and most people will find the process incredibly easy!
Of course, though, not every garage floor tile kit is born equal. Some come with more benefits than others, and it’s always worth exploring these factors before you make a decision. To make this easier for you, we’ve collected 7 of the top garage floor tile kits from around the web, bringing them together so that you can assess them for yourself.
The Best Garage Floor Tile Kits
Without further ado, here's Garage Door Nation's list of the best garage floor tile kits:
GarageTrac Diamond Durable Interlocking Modular Garage Flooring Tile (48 Pack)
The GarageTrac Diamond Interlocking Modular Garage Flooring Tile Kit is a versatile and robust solution which is suitable for garages of all sizes. Offering a rugged finish for your garage floor, a kit like this has the potential to protect your floor for decades to come. With rough diamond shaped safety grooves, this flooring can offer a very solid grip when wet or dry, making it safe in all sorts of environments. There aren’t any tools required to assemble this kit, making it an absolute breeze to get it installed.
- Advanced safety features: The diamond impressions on these tiles offer incredible grip and can make your garage environment much safer.
- Easy Toolless Installations: Being able to install these tiles without any tools makes the job almost too easy, and anyone will be able to create satisfying results with a kit like this.
- Multiple Colors Available: The GarageTrac kit comes in five different colors. When coupled with the fact that they are completely modular, this gives you the chance to create unique designs on your garage floor.
- Easy to clean: Being made from plastic, these tiles are highly stain resistant, making them nice and easy to clean.
- High Price Point: These tiles come in at a higher price than others on this list, though this may not be a downside for some people.
Diamond Garage Floor 6 Lock Diamond Tile 50 Pack
The Speedway Diamond Garage Floor 6 Lock Tile Pack features a similar diamond design to the GarageTrac tiles. You’ll soon see that this is a common feature of these sorts of tiles. Alongside this, the Speedway Tile Pack features tiles with 6 locking anchor points on each edge, rather than the typical 4, providing improved wear resistance over time. This design is also toolless, and benefits from offering 11 different colors to choose from.
- Advanced safety and durability: With diamond impressions on the surface, these tiles are nice and grippy. Their 6 mounting points and high impact polymer construction also makes these tiles extremely durable.
- Easy toolless installations: Getting your tiles installed doesn’t have to be a pain with this Speedway kit, as you simply snap each tile into place without having to use any tools.
- Multiple Colors Available: The range of 11 colors makes it nice and easy to make elaborate designs with your tiles.
- One pack size: The Speedway tiles only come in a pack of 50, making it awkward to create multicolored designs without having tiles left over.
RaceDeck Garage Flooring Tile Kit
The RaceDeck Free-Flow Open Rib Design Garage Flooring Tile Kit takes a turn in a refreshing design direction, offering tiles with an attractive mesh of interlocking bars. The gaps between these bars allow air and water to circulate, preventing the build up of mold and other unpleasant life underneath your flooring. Like the other options on this round up, these tiles are made from high impact plastic which is designed to have an incredibly long lifespan.
- Good airflow: Having good airflow between your floor and the tiles on top of it can help to prevent mold, fungus, and other types of growth. This is great for preventing odors and keeping your garage clean.
- Easy toolless installations: Being able to install these tiles without any tools is a huge boon, making the job take far less time.
- Multiple color options: This tile kit is available in 10 different colors, and comes in 3 pack sizes, giving you loads of room for flexibility with your own designs.
- Limited safety features: The lattice shaped construction will prove less grippy than diamond tops, and this means that this kit will offer less safety in environments which involve moisture or oil.
IncStores Diamond Nitro Garage Tiles 12"x12" Interlocking Garage Flooring
The IncStores Diamond Nitro Garage Tiles aren’t quite as elaborate as the others on this list. While they feature diamond shaped impressions, they are neither as pronounced or numerous as those found on other tiles. They still offer easy installations without tools, the largest range of color options, and the option to buy a single tile (this is great for test runs). The manufacturer is very confident in the durability of these tiles, and they come with a 3 year warranty to back this up.
- Vast range of colors: These tiles are available in 23 different colors, giving you loads of room to create unique designs. Being able to buy individual tiles makes this even easier.
- 4 year warranty: It’s always comforting when a manufacturer is confident in their products, and a 3 year warranty is a great way to show this confidence off.
- Minimal design: The minimal design of these tiles will make them feel at home in more spaces, and some people will prefer this sort of style if their garage has a lot of visitors.
- Limited safety features: While the minimal design may be a style benefit, it takes away from the safety aspect of these tiles. They still have diamonds, but won’t be as grippy as other options.
GarageDeck Coin Pattern, Durable Interlocking Modular Garage Flooring Tile
Moving away from diamond designs once again, it’s time to take a look at the GarageDeck Coin Pattern Garage Floor Tile Kit. Featuring round impressions, these tiles look quite different compared to the others on this list, but will still offer many of the safety benefits which come with other designs. Having been testing with 6,000 pound tool chests, even the heaviest of items won’t be able to leave a dent in these tiles. There are 6 different colors available, and these tiles are even made in the US.
- Unique coin-shaped design: The coin-shaped design of these tiles makes them look unique. They will fit into more garages like this, offering an option which will feel more natural than diamond patterns in a home environment.
- Extensively tested: These floor tiles have been extensively tested for durability using weights up to 6,000 pounds. This shows that these tiles will look great for years to come, offering long-lasting coverage for your floors.
- Easy toolless installations: Without the need for tools to install these floor tiles, anyone will find it nice and easy to get the job done.
- Limited color options: With only 6 colors available, it will be harder to create the flooring designs you want with tiles like these, though they are one of the few companies to offer gold tiles.
ModuTile Garage Flooring Interlocking Tiles, Diamond Top
The ModuTile Garage Floor Interlocking Tile Kit is another diamond top option to add to the list. The design of the diamond pattern is different than the other options available in this article, though, making it a little harder to make the tiles line up evenly. They are designed to be extremely durable, taking the weight of cars and light machinery in residential garages. Like the other tile kits, you won’t need to use any tools to get this product installed, making the process much easier.
- Advanced safety features: The diamond pattern on these tiles will be as good as the rest, offering great grip and making it easy to stay safe when you’re working in your garage.
- Good airflow: Airflow is important under a floor like this, and these tiles have been designed to provide a clear space for air to travel through once they are installed.
- Multiple color options available: There are 8 color options available for this product, but you can only get packs of 27 tiles.
- UV resistant: UV resistance can be a great feature in garages with windows or for those who want to keep their garage door open during the day.
- Harder to line tiles up: The pattern used for these tiles will make it trickier to line the tiles up and keep the pattern consistent across the whole floor. This makes it worth being mindful during installation.
MotoFloor Modular Garage Flooring Tiles
The MotoFloor Modular Garage Flooring Tile Kit offers something different from all the rest; two colors in one package. This set comes with 24 black and 24 alloy colored tiles, giving you loads of options when it comes to created checked or bordered designs. Unfortunately, though, they don’t offer any other variants to further customize your garage floor.
Like the other options in this post, they are nice and easy to snap together, and most people will have no trouble getting them installed. Having been tested and designed to work in tough environments, they will be able to withstand the weight of your car with ease.
- Multicolored packs: As long as the colors match your preferences, this option could offer an affordable way to make a two-tone garage floor, without having to spend money on tiles which will be left over.
- Toolless Installation: Like the other options available on this list, you can install the MotoFloor tile kit without any need for tools. This could make the job take as little as a couple of hours.
- Easy to clean: Being made from high impact polymer, these tiles are nice and easy to clean, and they won’t get stained by things like oil and fuel.
- Limited color options: While having a two-tone option is nice, many people will find that the color restrictions in place on this option will make it hard to achieve their design goals in their garage.
Garage Floor Tile Kits FAQ
|What Is A Garage Floor Tile Kit?||A garage floor tile kit allows you to put a new surface over your existing garage floor. The right flooring can also provide a huge range of practical benefits!|
|What Color Are Garage Floor Tile Kits?||Any color you can think of! Garage floor tile kits are available in black, grey, red, blue, and more!|
|What Tools Do I Need To Install Garage Floor Tile Kits?||In many cases, you won't need any tools to install a garage floor tile kit!|
|How Much Do Garage Floor Tile Kits Cost?||Garage floor tile kits vary widely in price. Most kits, however, cost $100.00 and up.|
The Sum Up!
Garages can often be very important places to those who like to work on their car, DIY projects, and just about any other sort of engineering. Having a space which suits your needs is crucial, but a lot of people struggle to get what they want out of a room like this. Easy options like toolless floor tile kits can be an excellent option for those who want to improve the look and feel of their garage without having to spend loads of time or money on it.
There are several important factors to consider when you’re handling a project like this. The size of your garage will make a difference, as it will be very hard to cut this type of flooring down to size. Along with this, you should also think about what you use the space for. Polymers are great at dealing with hard impacts and heavy weights, but things like sparks and high heat can melt them.
Most importantly, you should be thinking about how you’d like your garage to look. These sorts of tiles offer an affordable way to add a touch of class to this space, and will have the power to make your garage look like something out of a magazine!