If you’re someone who uses your garage to carry out different tasks, whether they’re creative or DIY-based, it’s important to have the right setup in place. And a key part of any garage setup should be a shop stool. These days, they’re much more advanced than a basic stool, and finding the one that offers the right features and the right support for you when you’re at work in your garage is key.
There are lots of things you should be looking for from your garage shop stool, and there are lots of suitable options on the market, too. We’ve done our research and pulled together 7 great options that all offer something important, a range of top features and lots of things that make them worthy of consideration of being the best garage shop stools!
The Best Garage Shop Stools
These are the very best garage shop stools available right now. Find out more about each of them below and make an informed purchasing decision when the time comes for you to invest in a new stool for your garage space!
1. Dewalt Padded, Rolling Shop/Garage Stool
Dewalt is a brand that’s known for the quality of its tools and hardware products. So if you choose the Dewalt padded rolling stool, you know you’ll be getting a piece that you can rely on. There’s a lot to like about this stool, including the comfort of the seat and the overall durability it offers. That durability is something Dewalt customers have come to expect. The stool offers strong build quality and an adjustable frame that puts you in control.
There’s a range of great features on offer from this Dewalt stool. First of all, the seat swivels 360 degrees and the seat is tear and rip resistant. That’s something that means a lot in a garage shop setting where the stool is going to be put through its paces. The height can be adjusted and it even comes with a useful storage shelf to bring additional functionality to the product.
It has wheels on the legs, allowing for smooth movement, but they can also be locked when you want to remain stationary.
Pros & Cons
- This is a heavy-duty product that’s built to last. It’s clear that durability was a focus for the people at Dewalt when designing this stool, and it shows. The powder coated steel frame has a 300-pound capacity.
- The shelf makes working on projects while sitting on the stool much easier. You can keep your tools on the shelf and have them within easy reach wherever you are in your garage or workshop.
- The seat is comfortable and the whole thing is extremely well built, resulting in a pleasant and ergonomic user experience
- It’s a Dewalt product and fits in perfectly in terms of design with any other Dewalt products you might already have in your garage.
- The small wheels can sometimes struggle a little on floors that are quite rough and uneven.
2. WORKPRO Heavy Duty Adjustable Hydraulic Shop Stool
If you’re looking for a heavy duty shop stool with strong features and reliable build quality, the WORKPRO adjustable hydraulic shop stool is an option worth considering. It’s got a lot going for it, and the stool is always available in a variety of colors, including black, pink and green. It’s one of the most versatile stools around; it’s perfect for the garage but comfortable enough to fulfill a wide variety of functions depending on what you need.
There are plenty of features here that’ll impress you. Perhaps the thing that makes it stand out most of all is the high weight capacity it has to offer. It can take 330lbs, making it easy and safe to use for heavier people, and durable for just about everybody. The seat is wide and very comfortable; it uses hydraulics to adjust the height, making it very quick and easy to make adjustments when necessary.
The stool also rotates 360 degrees.
Pros & Cons
- Easy to use and adjust according to your needs.
- Very stable and solid, and the high load capacity makes it secure no matter your weight and size.
- Very comfortable and suited to all kinds of garage needs and requirements.
- A very affordable option, representing real value for many when compared to some the other top garage shop stools on the market today.
- Assembly can take more time than you might like it to.
- No wheels on the legs.
3. Aain LT013A Heavy Duty Adjustable Pneumatic Rolling Mechanic Shop Stool
The Aain LT013A is a great rolling mechanic shop stool that can also be used just about anywhere. Some use it as a bar stool and it does the job and looks the part in that situation too.
The first thing you’ll notice when looking at this stool is that it has a very impressive and modern design. The all black aesthetic is one of the things that lends it its versatility. In the workshop, it’s durable, mobile and comfortable to sit on for long periods.
A hand lever is used to adjust the height of the seat, and this is very easy to do. This mechanism employs a pneumatic cylinder system. The seat is very soft and padded, and can swivel 360 degrees, as you’d expect it to. The base of the stool is chrome plated and designed to add extra strength and stability when sitting.
The stool looks the part and its ergonomic design make it a joy to use day after day in your garage or workshop too.
Pros & Cons
- Very easy to adjust the height using the pneumatic cylinder.
- Heavy duty structure that you can rely on to remain stable in all kinds of situations.
- Sleek design that looks great in the garage or wherever you want to use it.
- A very high level of comfort offered by the padded seat, allowing you to work in your garage for longer.
- The assembly instructions can be a little difficult to follow at times.
- Some people prefer a firmer seat, which this stool doesn’t deliver.
4. Northern Tool Adjustable Swivel Shop Stool with Backrest
The Northern Tool adjustable shop stool is all about strength and durability. It’s been designed with those core principles in mind. You can tell from the moment you look at it that it’s a sturdy stool with good build quality. The structure ensures the overall core strength of the stool is maintained, even after and during heavy use. There’s a lot to like about this stool and a few key features that make it stand out from the crowd too.
This stool comes with a removable and adjustable backrest. If you’re looking for a stool that’s going to be able to support you for long periods of time while you’re working in your garage, it makes sense to have a backrest. Without it, you’re going to feel that strain on your back, and this is one of the best stools out there that does come with this feature. T
he design is nice too and the stool is designed to be durable and stable for a long time to come.
Pros & Cons
- Comfortable with added support in the form of a backrest, offering something that most outer garage shop stools don’t.
- Matte black powder coat finish for style and durability combined.
- The frame is encircled with additional bars to add extra durability and stability to the stool.
- Rubber feet do well to prevent damage such as scratching to the floor.
- The seat is on the firmer side compared to other garage shop stools of a similar kind.
5. MYCHANIC Fastback Shop Stool
The MYCHANIC Fastback shop stool is very easy to maneuver and the range of movement, as well as how smooth it moves, make this a great option for people who want to get around fast. It might not offer a huge amount of support when you’re sitting on the stool, but it does make getting around easy, and it comes with some impressive storage features as well.
It’s a solid and sturdy design that’s got a lot going for it.
This is a stool like no other, and among the things that really make this one stand out is the way in which it offers a large open tray space for tools to be stored while it's in use. You can store a lot of tools there and have them within reach, which is really useful when you’re working on a car or something similar.
The wheels have been designed to move incredibly freely, making for an easy and smooth glide across all kinds of flooring.
Pros & Cons
- Takes a heavy load with a total weight capacity of 350 lbs.
- Oversized speed casters are used for easy gliding across the floor, resulting in a smooth movement.
- Tool tray underneath the seat makes using the stool and working on projects at the same time even more convenient.
- It manages to be light and easy to use, but also strong at the same time.
- Some people find that the wheels move a little too freely for them, but others see this as a positive thing.
6. KINCROME Garage & Workshop Mechanics Automotive Rolling Stool Creeper Seat
The KINCROME garage and workshop mechanics stool is certainly an impressive model if you’re looking for something that’s easy to maneuver in all directions. The wheels here are of a very high quality, and the overall practicality of the stool is helped by the plethora of storage options and drawers that are on offer here.
There’s a lot going for this stool for anyone who values practicality above all else, as lots of mechanics do.
The side drawers that slide out and allow you to store and reach your tools is truly fantastic. It’s a top feature that you’ll come to appreciate the more you start using this stool. It’s also a very smooth stool to move around on and the build quality of the entire structure from the seat to the casters is very strong. It’s easy to get around all kinds of tight spaces in your garage when using this stool.
Pros & Cons
- Side drawers and under seat compartments make this one of the best stools out there in terms of storage.
- Strong polyurethane casters help this creeper to glide along the floor with ease, providing a smooth experience to the user.
- Padded vinyl seat offers genuine comfort, making it easier to sit and work for long periods of time.
- Very easy to maneuver and small enough to move around easily in tight spaces as well.
- No adjustability features, which might limit its appeal to some people.
7.BIG RED TR6350 Torin Rolling Pneumatic Creeper Garage/Shop Seat
The Big Red TR6350 Torin creeper seat is a great stool with a lot to offer mechanics and garage workers. The first thing you’ll notice about this stool is the incredibly striking design. The red theme is incorporated well and overall, it’s impossible to ignore. At the same time, it looks very modern and sleek.
The stool is well built and designed and you can tell that every feature is intentional and thought through.
There’s a very large tool tray here that’s ideal for anyone looking for a highly functional garage stool. It offers all the space you might need for tools while working. It’s a very smooth chair when moving, and that’s largely down to the very high-quality swig casters used.
They’re capable of making your working day much more efficient than it otherwise might.
Pros & Cons
- It uses 4 360-degree swivel casters for maximum movement in every direction. The movement is smooth and navigating the garage or workshop is made easy.
- The large tool tray makes it easy to store and hold pretty much anything you might need to.
- Manufactured with precision and the adjustments to the seat height are very easy and smooth.
- The overall design and aesthetic of the stool is very pleasing and looks modern.
- The padding of the seat is thick and firm, but some people find it uncomfortable after long periods of use.
Top Garage Shop Stools Summary
Now that you know all about the best garage shop stools that are on the market right now, hopefully you feel more confident making your choice. None of the 7 stools discussed here will let you down, but everyone has different needs, so let the information above guide you as you judge which is best suited to you!