One of the most important things that you need to have in your garage is a quality garage tool chest or a choice of garage tool boxes. The tool box you have is going to keep your gear organized, and that’s precisely what you need for a clear, safe working space. You don't want to waste half the day going back and forth to different clutter piles, not when you can invest in the best garage tool boxes on the market today. It’s not just about extra storage, either, but it’s about making your garage workspace far more streamlined. If you know where all of your tools are, you’re going to work better and faster. You’re also going to have a safe environment in which to work!
A simple garage tool chest can hold a wide variety of tools, allowing you to use the ample storage to get your new tool box exactly how you want it to look. Most of the garage tool chests today are lined with foam so that your tools won’t be knocked around, which is the best option for your garage. Finding the tool chest that works for your needs isn't always simple, and that’s why we have the top five garage tool boxes listed for you here. You can find those with caster wheels to move the tool box around, and those without so that you can get more than one storage option from one purchase. You can avoid tool box chaos when you choose a tool box that offers you the durability and space that you need.
The Top 5 Garage Tool Boxes
Let’s check out five of the best options for garage tool boxes, presented by Garage Door Nation. We’ve got the best (with links!) for you below:
Giantex 2pc Mini Tool Chest & Cabinet Storage
When you are looking for a garage tool chest, you need to find something that has the right amount of storage, runs on wheels and will be a big help to you when you are working in the garage. There is no point in buying anything that misses the mark for your needs! The Giantex 2pc Mini Tool Chest is compact and portable, and as it’s got rolling drawers, you can get the items that you need quickly.
You don’t want to rummage for tools, and the easy organization of this tool box makes for a streamlined and smooth approach to storing your tools. The cabinet itself is two-tiered, and it has hooks that allow you to hang the tools you want to access easily. The design of the tool chest itself is such that you can ensure that it suits your home very well.
- There is a detachable top chest which means you can move with your tools easily from garage to driveway
- The drawers themselves are smooth running and easy to slide
- The tool chest is well-designed and looks fantastic!
- The biggest pro is the price! It’s affordable for all who are looking for a tool chest.
- The bottom storage unit is a great size
- The shelves are handy for extra tools and work lamps
- When the lid is shut, the top drawers latch closed, making it more secure
- The compact size of this tool chest makes it convenient and easy to take anywhere on your property
- There is no real need for the pegboard
- The top box drawer isn’t as spacious as one would like
Keter Modular Locking and Rolling Tool Chest
This is a garage tool chest to be envied by most! The central locking system on the Keter 240762 is perfect for those who have a garage that is not attached to their home. You can keep your tools locked up with plenty of space for craft storage at the same time. The added security is impressive to those who don’t have experience of a locking and rolling tool chest. You can access your machines as you please, and you can customize the drawers, too, so only you will know where everything is. The drawer dividers allow for you to be as flexible with your organization as you like, and that gives you the chance to personalize your tool chest as you please.
You want a tool chest on wheels, and this is precisely what you need. It’s movable which allows you to be flexible about where you are working, and the added 16 bins that come with this tool chest gives you the chance to move and remove tools as you see fit. You can choose to segregate your devices based on tool family, size, or shape. At a good size and weight, you can rest assured that you would be able to keep all of your tool collection safe in this tool chest. It weighs in at 23.6lb, so you can carry it far easier than other brands and the tool chest doesn’t have to be just for tools that you use to fix and mend. The diversity of this tool chest means that it’s perfect for crafters and gardeners, too.
- Excellent for use on a job site, garage or driveway
- Offers high security to the user
- The wheels make it easily mobile
- Plenty of chances to be organized
- Sturdy tool box but not heavy
- Compact and easy to store
- Easily portable wherever you need to use the tools
- The drawers require a little extra grease to enable them to slide easily
COSTWAYUS Tool Chest - 2-in-1-Rolling-Cabinet
Some of you out there will need more options for storage, and the COSTWAYUS Tool Chest offers more storage than you could imagine. It’s a multi-drawer chest made with metal, so you’re not going to need to worry about water damaging it! It’s a stainless steel material so rust won’t be an issue, and it’s one of the strongest in the manufacturing industry because of this. Quality is never a concern with the COSTWAYUS Tool Chest, and you can appreciate its versatility whether you are using it in the garage, the garden or even a tattoo studio!
Steel furniture is renowned for being well-built, and the storage options in this tool chest are precisely what you need for your tools and craft supplies. A durable option, you need to think about where you want to keep your new tool chest to keep it secure. Oh, we didn’t mention security, did we? It’s got a lockable design! This allows you to keep all of your supplies as secure as possible at all times.
- High-quality design
- Stainless steel is both sturdy and durable
- Powder-coated finish is resistant to rust.
- Lockable design for maximum security at all times
- The storage space is ample, holding all types of tools and supplies
- There is a handle built into one side of the tool chest, which allows for excellent control when moving
- The drawers rest on ball-bearing rails, which make it easy to maneuver
- Could be bigger!
WEN 73015 Garage Glider Rolling Tool Chest Seat
Those who are looking for a garage tool chest that is easy to use and easy to transport will love the WEN Garage Glider. You guessed it, it’s on wheels! The best bit? This is a chest SEAT, which means you can sit on it while you work. Just remember to get off before you try to get your tools out of the chest and you’ll manage just fine. The seat itself is made with a vinyl protected cushion which offers you the support you need while you work. There’s nothing worse than a long day tinkering in the garage or the garden and not being able to stop and take a minute. Well, the WEN Garage Glider Rolling Tool Chest Seat changes that for you.
The casters on this seat allow for excellent movement in all directions, and as the system is made with ball bearings, you won’t have to worry about the lifespan - it’s bound to last for some time. There are 16 onboard storage slots, and you can find those on the back of the body of the chest. This allows you to organize the tools that you use almost right away, which offers you a little extra comfort. You can also use the seat as a way to move around a car or a project without having to get up and down to do it continually - win-win!
- The seat padding is such that you get extra comfort
- Includes extra storage
- You can organize your bolts and screws with the complimentary storage trays
- Holds up to 350 lbs of weight on the seat
- Drawers are padded for added tool protection
- You can keep track of all of your spare hardware with magnetic storage trays
- The 16-on board slots are great for screwdrivers and wrenches
- The seat cushion will suit all body types
- You don’t have to be uncomfortable while you work
- Two-year warranty GUARANTEED
- Reports show the seat cushion isn’t as comfy as it could be
- Doesn’t really suit taller people over 6 foot in height
Goplus 6-Drawer Rolling Tool Chest
A garage tool box should be equipped with enough storage for the tools as well as the hardware, and this Goplus Rolling Tool Chest option comes with six drawers. Storage is not an issue here, and you can ensure that in your daily use, you’ll not have a problem with finding what you need. This is a toolbox that will serve you well for a long time, and the sliding drawers are perfect for getting to the tools you need when you need them. This tool chest offers you durability, so you know you’re getting your money’s worth when you buy it.
As you want to think about security when it comes to your tools and supplies, you’ll feel secure that this tool chest comes with the best possible locking system. You can feel safe that your belongings will be hard to get at if anyone decides to jump into your garage at night! There is a lot of storage here, too, and that allows you to handle the tools that you need when you need them. You can move the tool box around quickly, and as it’s made from high-quality materials, you won’t have to worry about rust and breaking down.
- The Goplus 6-Drawer Rolling Tool Chest comes made with high quality materials
- The construction is durable and offers a considerable storage capacity
- It’s easy to move wherever you need it to be!
- Comes with a top compartment that detaches easily
- Built with six drawers to organize all of your belongings for easy access
- The classic metal design suits your space well
- The caster wheels have a reliable locking mechanism so that you can keep your tool chest steady while you work
- May be too small for some
- Can be wobbly (all dependent on the assembly)
Best Garage Tool Box FAQ
|Can I Lock A Garage Tool Box?||Yes! Depending on the model, many garage tool boxes include a locking system!|
|What Are The Benefits Of A Garage Tool Box?||A garage tool box give you a convenient place to store all of the tools in your garage.|
|Are Garage Tool Boxes Mobile?||There are many models that include wheels, allowing you to move the garage tool box where you need it, when you need it!|
|How Much Do Garage Tool Boxes Cost?||Garage tool boxes vary widely in price. Smaller models cost less than $100.00, while bigger and more complete garage tool boxes cost $200.00 and up.|
The Sum Up!
You can buy garage tool chests in a ton of different varieties. There are those on wheels and those without, those with seats and those that are simply tool chests. Whether you are a professional looking for an option for work or a DIY enthusiast who wants to ensure they keep their tools safe, our favorite is the WEN Garage Glider Tool Chest Seat. The features alone are worth the shout out, and the benefits and cost far outweigh the fact that some people may be too tall to use the seat comfortably.
You want wheels for convenience and if it comes with a seat - as the WEN option does - you get comfort while you work, too. Finding the right garage tool chest for you may be a trial and error situation, but it’s a case of finding what will be good for the number of tools you have. Take a look at each of the options and cast judgement - your tool box needs depend on it!