Your garage can get really messy, really quickly! There are few things as annoying as trying to get around your garage when there’s so much dust, dirt, and debris everywhere. It makes it hard to stay organized, not to mention the fact that you ruin your garage aesthetic.
In essence, you need a tool that can help you clean up after all of your DIY tasks. Garage shop vacuums are the perfect option as they are designed for this specific purpose. Unlike traditional vacuum cleaners, these are made for use in a more industrial garage setting. This means they can handle the different flooring types and pick up more waste that the cleaner you use inside your home.
Armed with one of these, you can clean with ease. Your garage will be a much nicer place to be, and it will also be far safer as well. Working around dust and debris is almost like blindly hammering a nail - you’re just asking for an accident to happen! Thankfully, you can now keep your work area clean and free from any issues.
Needless to say, there are plenty of garage shop vacuums out there to buy. But, some are better than others. You’ll be using this a lot, so it makes sense to try and find the best garage vacuum you can afford. How do you know which ones are better than others? It depends on the features - like the suction power, different settings, quiet operation, additional attachments, and convenience. This may seem like a lot to take in, but you don’t have to trawl through hundreds of products to find the perfect one. All you need to do is view the reviews below for the top 7 garage shop vacuums!
The Best Garage Vacuums
Let’s take a more detailed view at the 7 best garage vacuums you can get your hands on right now:
Vacmaster VWM510 5-Gallon 5 Peak HP Remote Control Wall Mount Wet/Dry Shop Vacuum
If you want a very versatile and convenient garage vacuum cleaner, then you’ll love the Vacmaster VWM510. It boasts all the features you need in a small yet effective cleaner. There’s a two-stage motor that lets you ramp up the suction and get powerful performance when removing the most stubborn of debris. This is combined with very quiet operation to protect your ears while working.
It has a convenient handle that lets you carry it around with ease, and there are eleven different attachments you can call upon for specific jobs. One thing you’ll really like is the squeegee attachment to help clean windows and other wet areas. All of these things can be stored on the device, so they don’t take up extra space.
Overall, it’s a jack of all trades that can definitely keep your garage tidy. The compact nature makes it easy to store - and this is improved by a wall bracket that you can mount it on!
- Powerful suction
- Blowing option
- 41-foot cleaning reach
- Lots of accessories
- Wall-mounted storage rack
- Very quiet
- Can be used to clean your whole garage, car, and even outside
- Has loads of great accessories for different tasks
- Lets you switch between suction and blowing
- A remote switch by the nozzle makes it easy to turn on and off
- No wheels so you have to carry it around
- Seems quite small so may need to empty it regularly
Stanley 3 Gallon Wet Dry Vacuum
When it comes to affordable garage shop vacuums, this model from Stanley is one to consider. It’s much cheaper than most other options on this list, but that doesn’t mean you miss out on many features. You can use it to suck up both wet and dry debris with a very powerful little motor. It may lack wheels, but it is very lightweight and easy for you to carry around while using.
There’s an impressive 10-foot cleaning reach for such a small product. This pales in comparison to the previous offering, but consider your garage:10-feet is all you really need. You get an awesome 3-in-1 crevice nozzle that ensures you clean those tight corners with ease, along with a bigger gulper nozzle for general cleaning.
Perhaps the best thing about this is how easy it is to use. Plug it in, press a button, and you’re good to go. Is it the most advanced product? No, but it doesn’t need to be. At this price range, it more than provides for your garage cleaning needs.
- 3-in-1 nozzle
- 6ft power cord and 4ft cleaning tube
- Wet & dry capabilities
- Powerful motor for great suction
- Sturdy handle for portability
- Easy to carry around with you
- Excellent suction performance for such a small vacuum
- Incredibly lightweight
- A very attractive and affordable price
- Lacks some additional attachments
- Very small capacity
Armor All AA255
You’ve got another multi-purpose, affordable garage vacuum cleaner to look at here. The Armor All is aptly named as it can pretty much do ALL you want a garage shop vacuum to do. Along with excellent wet and dry suction capabilities, it offers a blower function too. So, no matter what, you’re removing debris from your workspace!
A 10-ft power cord means you can pull it very far from the power source and reach a further 6-ft with the long cleaning tube. Speaking of which, the end of this tube can be graced with five different accessories for different cleaning applications.
As such, you get a whole lot in such a small and affordable package!
- Suction and blowing capabilities
- Five attachments for the nozzle
- Wet and dry applications
- 10-foot power cord
- Reusable cloth filter
- Reusable foam sleeve
- A small and portable cleaner that’s easy to carry
- Loads of great attachments to clean different parts of your garage
- An excellent addition of a blower function to add to suction
- One of the most affordable options on the market
- Dedicated accessory storage on the cleaner
- Again, no wheels to move it around
- Only 2.5-gallon capacity means it will be emptied a lot
Those of you that are willing to spend over $100 for a garage vacuum cleaner will love the sheer versatility of this Craftsman model. You’ll notice the main gripes with the previous models is that they’re small and don’t have wheels. Well, you don’t have that issue here. A 16-gallon capacity means you can use this multiple times before needing to empty it out. Strong castor wheels also let you move it around your garage without needing to pick it up.
As if that wasn’t enough, the convenience is aided by a built-in drain that lets out any water you’ve sucked up. Plus, eight different attachments give you so many possibilities when cleaning around your garage. It’s very powerful, and even comes with a detachable blower to get rid of leaves or other debris!
- 16-gallon capacity
- 20-foot power cord
- Built-in drain
- 8 attachments
- 7-foot cleaning hose
- Detachable blower
- On-board accessory caddy for storage
- Wheels make it so easy and effortless to use
- You get a 27-foot cleaning reach
- All the accessories can be kept on-board without cluttering up your garage
- Extremely powerful suction
- Perfect for outdoor and indoor use
- Might be too bulky for small garages
- Could be over budget for some people
BISSELL Garage Pro Wall-Mounted Wet Dry Vacuum/Blower
This is definitely an option for people that are serious about keeping their garage clean. This model from BISSELL more suitable in a professional setting, and the price reflects that. This garage vacuum cleaner mounts onto your wall and stays there when you use it. There’s no need to carry or drag it around, and a massive 32-foot hose ensures you can reach all four corners of your garage.
It’s packed full of technology as well, including an LED water tank that lets you know when it needs to be emptied. Seven versatile attachments can be used to clean a variety of surfaces in your garage, and you’ll enjoy the benefits of a blower function as well.
- 32-foot hose
- Powerful suction and blowing actions
- 7 attachments
- 4-gallon dirt tank
- 5-foot power cord
- Very convenient to use as it stays mounted to the wall
- Excellent suction capabilities leave nothing left on your garage floor
- A diverse range of practical attachments for different uses
- Picks up both wet and dry messes
- Tells you when it needs to be emptied
- Very expensive
- Could perhaps have a larger tank capacity given the price
Prolux Professional Shop Wall Mounted Garage Vac
We’re very much at the top of the price range with this product from Prolux. It’s perfect for anyone with a professional garage shop or someone that takes their home garage very seriously and wants a suitable investment.
The Prolux is wall-mounted to stay out of your way, and very small in size and shape. It comes with so many different attachments that ensure no inch of your garage will be uncleaned. This is aided by one of the most powerful suction motors in the industry. It makes light work of even the most ingrained debris! There’s a switch to change it to a blower - and you can also use this to inflate things around the garage as well.
- Wall mount for convenience
- Blower/inflator tool
- High-powered suction
- 30-foot crush-proof cleaning tube
- Wet/dry capabilities
- Over 10 different attachment accessories
- Can do just about everything you need from a garage vacuum cleaner
- So many accessories to utilize
- Long cleaning tube and space-saving design
- Incredible suction power reduces time spent cleaning
- One of the most expensive options out there
- Again, could do with more capacity
Lastly, rounding off the trio of wall-mounted options is the GarageVac GH120-E. It’s very small and only needs 2-ft of wall space to mount it. This saves loads of space in your garage, and it’s backed up by a whopping 40-ft cleaning hose. This hose is adjustable to 8-ft if you don’t need all of it.
There’s a state-of-the-art hypo-allergenic filtration system that prevents the vacuum’s bag from collapsing and losing suction. It also keeps the air clean in your garage while you work. At the end of the hose, you attach a one-piece steel wand that’s extremely durable and rust-resistant. There are also five other accessory tools to call upon for a few of the more specific areas in your garage.
- A very compact design
- Excellent suction power
- Advanced filtration system
- Very sturdy wand
- A host of accessories
- Picks up debris with ease
- Filtration system ensures the cleaner operates at peak capacity while keeping the air clean
- Takes up hardly any space
- Massive reach with the 40-ft hose
- Lots of great accessories for hard-to-reach areas
- Very expensive
- No blowing function
- Needs to be emptied very frequently
Garage Shop Vacuums FAQ
What is a garage shop vacuum?
Simply put, it’s a special type of vacuum cleaner that’s designed for the rigors of a garage. This means it can handle outdoor and indoor conditions and usually picks up dry and wet messes.
Why do you need a garage vacuum cleaner?
To keep your garage clean and tidy, which also helps to prevent accidents. You also improve your organization with less mess around you!
How much do garage vacuum cleaners cost?
It depends on how many features you’re after. Some of the cheaper options are as little as $50, while the more expensive ones range to nearly $300.
The Sum Up!
If your garage is permanently dirty and filled with dust & debris, then you need to get your hands on a good cleaning tool. The best garage vacuum cleaner will let you clean your space with ease. All of the options in this guide are excellent, it depends mainly on your budget and requirements. There are some great cheap options, along with some fantastic mid-range and expensive ones. Feel free to go through the reviews once more until you figure out the right product for you!