Your garage is much more than the place where you park your car. Here is where you dedicate time to your favorite hobbies, keep up with all the DIY tasks, and find some time for yourself after a hard day at work.
With all this and more to do in your garage, you can see how having a proper lighting system becomes paramount! While some garages still boast old industrial lighting and hanging light bulb combinations, there are some more efficient solutions that you might consider when giving a makeover to your garage light fixtures. The Best Lighting For Your Garage
Find the best garage lights on the market today below - and don't miss out on the extra tips for picking the perfect light fixtures precisely for your garage!
1.Bbounder Linkable LED Utility Shop Lights
These accessible tube lights are the perfect ones if you love versatile options that can fit various situations. Indeed, the Bbounder Linkable LED Utility Shop Lights are great for garages as well as utility rooms, porches, sheds, barns, and much more. This means that whatever your garage looks like, you will be able to count on a superior lighting system on its ceiling.
And, if one of these LED lights is not enough to properly light up the whole room, don't worry - there is no need to mix and match with other fixtures. You can connect up to 4 fixtures of this kind to ensure the best visibility while working in your garage.
If you are worried about how to install these lights, you can count on the easy-to-follow installation guide offered by Bbounder. The guidelines will help you quickly set up the lights, either directly on the ceiling or suspended. This second option makes the lights suitable for rooms with high ceilings that will need a source of light closer to the ground to be properly lit up.
The included high-quality LED bulbs ensure that you won't have to deal with annoying flickering during your time in the garage.
Bbounder also provides 24/7 customer care services if you encounter any issue, or you simply have a light-related question you need to be answered. The best-trained lighting technicians of the company are only a phone call away when you need their help! Best of all, you can benefit from the 5-year warranty system provided.
- Energy-efficient LEDs
- 40W/120V Operated Power
- Made of high-grade plastic
- 240° beam distribution for better visibility across the room
- 5000K Daylight color temperature
- 4000 lumens
- CRI 80+
- ETL certified
- Lower energy consumption
- No flickering
- 5-year warranty and 24/7 customer service
- Easy installation
- 50,000 hour lifetime
- No UV
- Can be connected on directly on the ceiling or suspended (perfect for garages with more significant ceiling height)
- The manufacturer does not recommend it to be hard-wired
- The light is not replaceable
- Not designed for outdoor use
2.Amiluo Life LED Garage Lights
These triple LED garage lights are ideal for illuminating a large room with just a single fixture. The Amiluo Life LED Garage Lights are made of premium, commercial-grade aluminum alloy, and they are incredibly bright - the perfect substitution for your old low-quality existing fixtures.
They are as easy to set up as screwing a light bulb, and they won't require you to have tools or screws to fix it to your ceiling. Without the need for professional installation, you can install your new lights in a matter of minutes to a standard socket receptacle (E26/E27). So, you can save money and get started with your new project in no time.
Another amazing feature of this garage lighting is that it has individually adjustable panels. So, you can move each light to illuminate the whole area and prevent any blind spots in your garage. The range of movement spans from 90 to 360 degrees!
Depending on the area's climate and the work you do in your garage, you can also benefit from the high-temperature resistance that this fixture offers. Indeed, the hollow structure speeds up the cooling process - even if you decide to keep them on for extended time frames.
The company also provides an all-inclusive 3-year warranty system available to all clients, as well as 24/7 customer support.
- Individually adjustable beams
- Suitable for all environments
- 50,000 lifetime
- 6000K Daylight color
- 6000 lumens
- 144 LED chips
- Made in aeronautical aluminum
- CRI 80+
- ETL certified
- Installable in a normal socket, without the need to call a professional
- It does not leave out blind spots
- Made with premium materials
- Prevents flickering
- Extremely bright
- Indoor use only
- You might need to turn off the power before and during the installation of the lighting fixture
3.LZHOME 2-Pack LED Garage Lights
The LZHOME 2-Pack LED Garage Lights is a compact solution for all garages, barns, and storage rooms. While extremely bright and with a color rendering index of over 80, it provides 5000K light, which is the best color temperature for working in natural light.
Moreover, the LED light that runs on 60W power can help you up to 20% in consumption and electrical bills compared to standard light bulbs, so they are a great option if you want to save some money.
While this model is larger than the ones seen above, it is entirely made from high-grade aluminum. And, thanks to the larger frame, it increases the rate at which the heat dissipates, increasing the level of safety of your garage lighting system.
When it comes down to installing this powerful light, you won't need to think about anything. Indeed, it can be set up on normal E26 or E27 sockets, and the manufacturer includes a free lamp holder in the package. So, you can install the fixture in just a few seconds and enjoy the best garage lighting system.
If your concern is that your garage is too large to be illuminated by a single light, you should know that the deformable design allows the lamps to be adjusted as you prefer - guaranteeing all the light needed and reducing the possibility of blind spots.
LZHOme also provides a 2-year warranty service on all models and offers 24/7 customer support or light replacement.
- 6500 lumens
- 5000K Nature White temperature color
- 50,000 hours lifetime
- CRI: 80+
- Can be installed in any E26 standard socket base
- Deformable design
- ETL certified
- Includes a free lamp holder
- Benefits from a deformable design with a movement range of 90 to 360 degrees
- High-energy efficient - can reduce consumption up to 60%
- Prevents blind spots
- Suitable for a variety of environments
- Includes a fast-cooling system
- No tools needed for installation
- Prevents flickering
- These lights are not dimmable
- Some users have noticed that it can cause radio interference, especially with electronic garage doors
4.FaithSail 4FT LED Wraparound Lights
If looking for an elegant and discreet solution for your garage, the FaithSail 4FT LED Wraparound Lights are the right choice. These lights' design is clean and simple, but don't let the sleek look fool you! They are incredibly powerful, as they produce over 4400 lumens for the illumination of the whole room, independently of the size or use.
Thanks to LED technology, this garage lighting can help you save over 70% on your energy consumption level and, therefore, on your electrical bills. So you can spend the entire Sunday afternoon in your garage without having to worry about how much you are spending!
These lights are known as Wraparound because of the premium acrylic prismatic lens that wraps around the fixture. While improving the light's look, this feature is so loved because it can help maximize the light output.
You will also benefit from better-distributed beams that will help you eliminate blind spots and enjoy a fully-illuminated garage.
If this does not happen because your garage is too long, you can link over 20 of these lights together to create an outstanding illumination system.
When it comes down to installing the lights, there is not much you should worry about. Indeed, these are created to work as a natural replacement for your incandescent lights. You can also complete the whole process in just a few minutes by following the package's instructions. So, no need to call a professional electrician!
- Able to produce 4400 lumens
- Creates 4000K Neutral White light color temperature
- CRI: 82+
- Long-lasting - more than 50000 hours of lifetime
- Made in steel
- 4ft lights
- Mounts LED bulbs
- ETL certified
- Elegant wraparound design
- 5-year warranty
- Constructed in durable steel
- You can connect up to 20 lights together
- The acrylic cover allows you to benefit from the uniform light output
- Can help you lower the electricity consumption and cost by 70%
- Not dimmable
- Not suitable for outdoor use
5.NATHOME LED Garage Lights
The NATHOME LED Garage Lights are leaf-shaped bright light fixtures, among the most powerful ones you can find in a shop. Lights like these are pretty versatile - while being suitable for commercial uses and large warehouses, they can feel right at home in your garage too!
Unlike some lower-quality models, these lights are entirely created from premium aluminum, which can speed up the heat dissipation process. Aside from increasing the lights' lifespan, this characteristic also helps to enhance your lights' level of safety.
In terms of brightness, the 8000 lumens light emitted by these fixtures positions them among the brightest ones on the market. However, you won't have to worry about dealing with a single, overly-bright beam!
Indeed, the lights are individually adjustable and can be moved up to a 90-degree angle. So, you can position the beam where it suits you best! In turn, you won't have issues such as dark areas, glare, blind spots, or ghosting.
If you think that mounting such a powerful light to your ceiling will be a lengthy process, you will be surprised. The installation of these light fixtures can be completed in just a few minutes, and it won't require professional tools or expertise. Everything you need is an E26 standard socket to simply plug the lighting fixture in.
- Runs on 80W power
- It boasts 216 LED chips
- Created a 6000 to 6500K daylight light color temperature
- Emits 8000 lumens
- Created in high-grade aluminum
- Adjustable to a 90° angle
- ETL certified
- The NATHOME LED is one of the brightest lights on the market
- The adjustable lights make sure that you can direct the beam where you need it the most
- Can be easily installed on an E26 lamp holder, without the help of tools or professional advice
- The aluminum structure promotes heat dissipation and increases the lights' safety
- The NATHOME LED can be a great choice for a variety of environments
- Not suitable for outdoors because the lamp holder cannot be waterproof
- They are not dimmable and, therefore, the brightness may be too high for a reduced spaces
Considerations To Pick The Best Lighting For Your Garage
Even if you decide not to pick one of the products above, some garage light fixture tips can help you in the choice:
- Mind your climate, especially in unheated garages - some lights will not work if the temperature drops below a certain level. For example, even the best fluorescent fixtures will stop working when the temperatures reach 50F or 10C. This is something to consider if your garage is not well-insulated.
- LED lights are much more energy- and consumption-efficient
- Leave enough space in your garage for additional light fixtures to be added in the future
- Your garage size and shape might influence the light fixture choice. For example, if your garage is long rather than large, you might opt for LED tubes that can be linkable to each other.
- Think about the use you make of your garage. If you are just using it as a parking space for your car, you might not need extremely bright lighting systems. However, if you tend to spend time there looking after your DIY projects, 4400 lumens might just not be enough!
- Always opt for compact solutions that can help save space in garages that are often too small!
When picking the right garage light fixture, safety is paramount. Wraparound or leaf-shaped LED lights provide you with a safe environment, as well as incredible brightness. They are ETL certified and provide a quick heat-dissipation system that can help you make sure the lights are safe to use no matter how long you keep them on.
Since they are more energy-efficient, these lighting fixtures can also help you save between 60 to 70% on your electricity bills and consumption levels. This is essential if you tend to spend many hours in your garage and you don't want to lose a lot of money!
Other characteristics that you should pay attention to are the construction of the lighting fixtures and how easy it is to install them on the ceiling of your garage. However, all the models we have seen above can easily be installed to illuminate a chosen area without tools or professional service.