Every garage needs a tool kit, and without one, you’ll be unable to carry out those basic repairs and maintenance issues that pop up in the home every now and then. Everyone should have at least a basic home and garage tool kit as part of their car accessories that they can turn to as and when they need it. But you could also choose to go a little further than that if you’re looking for a kit that offers more.
We’re going to discuss some of the very best tool kits available on the market today and what they’re able to offer. Each of them offers a range of benefits and will suit different needs depending on what kind of tools you want to have at your disposal. The good thing is that there’s a tool kit out there for just about everyone.
The Best Garage Tool Kits
Read on now to find out all about the very best garage tool kits available today and what their key features and advantages are.
1.Arrinew 19-Piece Garage Tool Kit
The Arrinew 19-piece garage tool kit might be just what you’re looking for when you want to make sure you have a tool kit that’s got you covered for basic home DIY. The tools are designed well and are all very ergonomic, and the kit is very portable and easy to move with little effort required. Arrinew is also known for offering very strong customer service if any problems do arise, which is always good to know.
This 19-piece tool kit is good for basic use. It’s not going to offer the expansive range of options that some other tool kits might, but that’s not a big problem for people looking to use it for minor repairs, assembly and home maintenance. The fact that it’s so compact makes it easy to carry around and the case the tools are housed in is very solidly built and secure.
All the basic things needed for repairs around the home are included. And everything’s here that’s required for most basic self-assembly work that you might need to do. It also works as a good gift.
- Good handle grips with ergonomic designs
- A good variety of tools included
- Protective tool box
- Durable tool kit that should last a long time
- Not as many pieces as some other tool kits
2.Hi-Spec 75-Piece Home & Garage Tool Kit
If what you’re looking for is a more comprehensive kind of tool kit than the Arrinew option discussed above, you might want to consider this Hi-Spec 75-piece tool kit instead. As you can see, many more tools are included here, meaning many more of your bases are covered than would otherwise be the case. If you’re only looking for the basics, this isn’t for you, but if you want to be covered, this might be the toolkit you need.
One of the things that stands out when you take a look inside this Hi-Spec tool kit is the range of precision tools at your disposal. There’s a tool for just about every eventuality, and the kit also includes a hacksaw with spare blades. There’s a lot packed into this relatively compact kit.
You’ll get a range of different driver bits so that all needs can be accommodated to. If you’re looking to take your DIY to the next level and you want to start doing a little more about the house and garage, then this is the kit that’s going to make that possible for you.
- Tools to fit a wide variety of needs
- Swapping out and customization is made possible by the range of driver bits
- A comprehensive package that offers everything you’ll need for DIY, repair and assembly work
- Despite the range of tools, the kit remains portable
- More than what most people will need for very basic and/or infrequent work around the home
3.WORKPRO 408-Piece Mechanics Tool Set
The WORKPRO 408-piece tool kit takes things a step further still. If the tool kit above still didn’t satisfy your needs and you’re looking for something that offers even more in terms of the range of tools and appliances within it, this solution from WORKPRO might be just what you’re looking for. Of course, packing in so many tools means that some of the convenience is lost with this option.
This is a tool kit that offers something that the tool kits above simply don’t, and that’s because it’s a tool kit designed first and foremost for mechanics. If you’re looking to do basic things around the house, you’ll find what you need here. But there’s also a whole more for auto repair work and things like that.
It’s more a tool kit that you’ll use in your garage as opposed to around the home. The tools are very high-quality and made from strong materials as you’d expect. It’s a tool kit that’s genuinely useful for professional applications and that’s something that will be useful to many people.
- Tool kit that’s ideal for amateur and professional mechanics
- It offers a wide range of strong and high-quality tools
- Offers everything that most people will need, as well as a whole lot more
- Comes with a lifetime guarantee from WORKPRO
- Convenient layout and easy to use
- Offers more than what many people will need if they’re only doing basic work
- Much bigger and therefore not as portable or easy to move around
4.APOLLO TOOLS 79-Piece Multi-Purpose Tool Set
Anyone looking for an affordable tool kit that does the basics very well should consider this option from Apollo Tools. It’s a 79-piece set, meaning it covers all the basics pretty well and offers a little more than what the average homeowner or amateur garage worker will need. That’s not a bad thing, of course. It’s a multi-purpose set that clearly has a lot to offer.
One of the things that people love most about this Apollo Tools tool set is that it’s affordable, while still offering things that most people are looking for. The price is low, but the quality of the tools remains strong. That’s not something you can see for many tool kits out there.
The kit opens up nicely, presenting everything within it clearly. It’s all very neat, organized and easy to use, which is what most people are looking for from a product such as this one. Minor fixes and repairs, as well as general maintenance and assembly will be covered by what this tool kit is able to offer.
- Available at a very affordable price, making it a very low-risk purchase
- A good all-purpose tool kit that has most bases covered
- Great for beginners and first-time home owners
- Neat and organized presentation
- Comes with a lifetime warranty from Apollo Tools
- Good for basics but not ideal for people looking for more than that
5.DEWALT Mechanics Tools Kit and Socket Set
DEWALT is a brand that can be trusted when it comes to tools and products of that nature. Anyone who’s looking to buy from a reputable brand that they can be confident isn’t going to let them down should consider this DEWALT Mechanics tool kit and socket set. It offers a wide range of tools and is great for auto work in the garage if that’s what you’re looking for from your new kit.
This set comes in three different size categories, meaning you can choose how much you want to spend and how many different tools you want to have access to when deciding which to buy. The three sets include 108pc, 142pc and 168pc options. It’s good to know that the choice is in your hands.
The whole package, no matter which size set you choose, is very organized and cleanly laid out. It’s one of the things that DEWALT does very well. Everything you’ll need for work in the garage and auto work is included here. And the tools can be used for other purposes around the home as well.
- Great for auto work in the garage
- A brand with a reputation and dedicate to quality that you can trust
- A range of options for you to choose from depending on your needs
- High-quality and strong tools that you can rely on
- Mainly for auto work and not ideal for general home use as many of the tools won’t be used in that context
6.APOLLO TOOLS 161-Piece Complete Household Tool Set
This is another tool set from Apollo Tools, and this one offers more tools, as well as providing more of a focus on household needs. With 161 tools in total, it offers a good comprehensive set of tools for most of the functions you’re likely to require when carrying out basic DIY and fixes around the home. It’s a good set for people focused on home use and not so much on auto repairs or maintenance.
This household tool set offers something that most others simply don’t: a cordless screwdriver. So if you don’t already have one of these and you think you might need one, it makes sense to choose a tool kit that comes with one included. A good screwdriver is vital around the home and this one will have you covered.
It all comes in a hard case that’s sturdy and protective, so you won’t have to worry about any of your items getting damaged as you move it about. And speaking of moving it about, despite the amount of tools included here, it remains relatively compact and very portable which is nice.
- Very portable and easy to get around
- A high-quality case that protects everything inside nicely
- Comes with a cordless screwdriver
- Ideal for use in the home
- Not a tool kit that’s going to offer auto repair functionality
7.Cartman 148-Piece Tool Set
This tool set from Cartman is certainly one that’s very affordable and basic, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. If you want a tool kit for your home and garage that’s going to cover the basics and cover them well, this is the tool kit for you. It’s also not going to set you back a lot of money.
Affordability is one of the best and most impressive things about the Cartman 148-piece tool set. It’s very cheap compared to other comparable options on the market. And it nevertheless manages to do everything you need it to.
The screwdriver has all the bits you’d want and need it to have. And it includes everything you’d want from a set that’s suited to general repairs and maintenance around the home. It doesn’t offer anything fancy or complex, but that’s what keeps it affordable.
- It’s a low cost option
- The tools included are of a good quality and they cover a range of needs in the home and garage.
- The kit is portable and easy to move around
- There are more expansive and high-quality options, but they don’t offer the value of the Cartman tool kit.
8.WORKPRO 12V Cordless Drill and Home Tool Kit
WORKPRO is a trusted name in the field of tools and tool kits, so you’ll be choosing a brand you can rely on if you chose this home tool kit. The nice thing about it is that this is another kit that includes a 12V cordless drill. And the range of tools it includes on top of that are all very good too, reaching 177 pieces in total.
The drill that comes with it is of a high quality and comes with a range of drill drivers, making it more versatile and flexible than other kinds of drills included in sets like this. The other nice thing about this kit is that it comes with a 14” tool bag rather than a basic kit box.
The bag makes it very easy to move around, even though this is a kit with a pretty high piece count. The range of hand tools is impressive and covers pretty much everything you’ll need for use in the home.
- A high-quality 12V drill with drivers
- A range of impressive hand tools
- The tool bag that comes with it is a nice addition and aids portability
- Ideal for general use around the home and offers a more comprehensive selection of tools than most home tool kits
- Not ideally suited to auto repair and some types of garage work
Best Garage Tool Sets Summary
As you can see, there’s a wide range of options out there for you to consider and explore when deciding which garage tool kit is the right one for you. Hopefully, the information and insight offered here will help you decide which tool kit you need to get. At least one of these options is sure to work for you.