The garage is one space on your property that’s not likely to be as warm as the rest of the home, even when properly insulated. With that being said, it’s essential that you’re keeping an eye on the temperature when storing your belongings. If not, then it could result in damp forming or other damage that forms to the interiors of your garage and, more importantly, anything you store in it.
The Best Garage Heaters
Heaters are a great way to provide ample heating to your garage, which is controlled by you so that you can keep everything safe and in good condition. Here are the seven best heaters for your garage.
1.Fahrenheat FUH Electric Heater for Garage
When it comes to heating large, drafty spaces, it can certainly be difficult. However, the Fahrenheat FUH Electric Heater can offer an easy and efficient way of providing comfortable and long-lasting warmth for your garage space. It’s suitable for a lot of indoor spaces as well as outdoor spaces, making it a versatile heater in comparison to others on the market.
It comes with a remote control so that you can operate it from a distance where necessary. The automatic control delays fan use until the heating element is warmed, making it one that’s energy-efficient too.
For added safety, the fan will continue to turn even when the heater has been switched off. This helps to ensure the heating element has cooled completely and means you can trust it to cool down without you being present.
- Compatible to your electrical system, whether it’s 208 or 240 volts.
- Heavy-duty and can warm up any open space or indoor space needed.
- Offers continuous comfort for a longer period of time.
- Easy to use and cools down safely, so no need to worry about leaving it unattended after switching it off.
- Easy to use and has an additional ceiling mount for versatility in where it can be placed.
- Safe to be left alone once you’ve switched it off, so good for peace of mind.
- An expensive unit that might not be within everyone’s available budget.
- It could be costly to run due to the amount of energy it uses.
2.TRUSTECH 1500W Garage Heater w/Remote
The garage heater from Trustech is one that can be a great heating appliance. It evenly and directly warms those within the vicinity in seconds. The heater has carbon fiber gold-plated tubes, which helps to keep costs low when it comes to your electrical bills. Featuring three heat settings for 500W, 1000W, and 1500W, you can choose a comfortable level to suit you.
This garage heater also comes with four brackets so that you can place it wherever you need within the space. With an overheat protection and timer function, it provides the safety you need for your home and to avoid any fire hazards. Its LCD display makes it a modern garage heater and is also quiet enough not to be disruptive for anyone working within the space.
- Advanced infrared technology for protecting the environment and saves on electricity.
- Three heat levels to choose from; 500W, 1000W, and 1500W.
- Four brackets included for mounting.
- Overheating and the timer function to provide safety for your home and garage.
- Quiet running sounds for minimal disruption.
- LCD display for clear viewing of current settings.
- It is manufactured under strict quality standards and passed ETL certificate.
- Quiet running sounds make it great for workshop spaces and for those doing projects within the garage space.
- Great for both indoor and outdoor use, so good for open garages when needed.
- Might only heat small areas due to sizing, especially when outside. The coverage area might be limited.
3.Dr. Heater DR966 240-volt Hardwired Shop Garage Commercial Heater
If you’re looking for safe and comfortable heating that’s quickly provided, then the Dr. Heater DR966 is a great choice for you. It’s an industrial heater that can be great for outdoor houses like a garage. The DR966 uses spiral steel metal sheath electric heating elements, and combining this with low sheath temperatures it can provide a uniformed output of heat as well as a long service life.
The 8” offers dynamic airflow but surprisingly low noise and turbulence. It gently distributes warmth throughout the area and benefits all those within the space. It is totally enclosed and thermally protected, it a heavy-duty heater that will provide consistent heat in a safe manner.
- Heavy Duty 240V.
- Five Adjustable Louvers to help direct the airflow.
- Adjustable thermostat to set the optimum temperature needed.
- Dynamic 8” fan that produces very low noise and minimum turbulence.
- Bracket included for wall or ceiling mount.
- 1-year parts and labor warranty. Beneficial for customers who experience any issues for the first twelve months.
- Adjustable to mount on ceiling or wall if necessary.
- Adjustable louvers to help direct airflow and, therefore, the heating itself.
- Quite bulky in size so might not be best for those garages with limited space.
- Doesn’t come with a power cord.
4.Multifun Space Heater, 1500W Portable Indoor Heater
This funky-looking space heater from Multifun is one that packs a punch. It’s easily portable so that it can be used in various indoor spaces, including the humble garage. Made from fire-retardant materials, the premium PTC ceramic heating elements produce no flames or lights. This creates a healthier and comfortable environment when it’s turned on.
The heater has a safety feature that will automatically shut itself off if the temperature exceeds the limit value and will come back on when the temperature goes back to a safe level inside. The adjustable thermostat and instant warmup provide warmth inside your garage within seconds, and it’s compact, portable, and convenient battery-assisted for any sized garage.
- Portable and small enough to fit into any tight garage spaces.
- Made out of fire-retardant material for extra safety.
- Automatic shut off to protect from overheating.
- Adjustable thermostat.
- Measures 6” x 6.7” by 7” and weighs just 38.8 oz.
- Lightweight and with an ergonomic handle for easy transportation.
- Easily portable and, therefore, good for moving about when needed, even when it’s switched on and running.
- Automatic shut off protects from overheating and preventing any danger of catching fire.
- Adjustable thermostat to help control the temperature of the room.
- A bit noisy and might be disruptive for those that are working within the space where it’s heating.
- The fan doesn’t turn until the heating element is hot enough. It might be more costly on your energy usage.
5.DIMPLEX DGWH4031G Garage and Shop Heater
A fuss-free heater that’s tough, rugged-looking, and high performance, the Dimplex DGWH4031G Garage & Shop Heater is a must-have. It’s perfect for any garage or workshop space and is also recommended for building and construction sites.
The automatic temperature control can help maintain a constant temperature between 7-25°C (45-77°F). With versatile mounting brackets that allow you to attach it to the wall or ceiling, it’s a heater that you can swivel to direct the heat. A powerful 240V fan and 4000 watts stainless steel heater element make this a powerful yet portable heater. This will keep any garage project or home DIY job toasty and you won’t find yourself packing up early because it’s gotten too cold.
The unit also has a safety function where it switches off if the airflow is restricted in any way. The Dimplex strives to make your garage heating a lot easier and is an innovative brand to get on board with.
- Constant temperature between 7-25°C (45-77°F) that you can control yourself.
- Versatile mounting brackets for ceiling or wall attachment.
- Corrosion-resistant for long-lasting use.
- Powerful 240V fan and 4000W.
- Dimensions: (W x H x D)11 x 7.2 x 9 inches/ 18 pounds.
- Reputable customer support should you ever require assistance.
- Flexible mounting great for smaller spaces that need to use the ceiling or walls.
- Not the most stylish of designs, a little rough around the edges.
- Temperature might be a little low for some people’s preference.
6.Dyna-Glo 30,000 BTU Blue Flame Thermostatic Garage Vent Free Wall Heater
For safe, indoor heating, Dyna-Glo offers everything you need when it comes to their Blue Flame Theromstatic Garage Vent Free Wall Heater. These heaters don’t require electricity to operate and make an excellent choice for everyday use. They’re also useful in emergency situations where power outages usually mean no heating. They operate on liquid propane or natural gas. It’s helpful in cutting down energy bills and will immediately shut down if carbon monoxide is detected.
The battery assisted igniter makes for quick ignition and has all the necessary hardware needed for wall mounting. It’s perfect for garage spaces and you can adjust the temperature too suit your preferences. As well as being simplistic in design, it’s also aesthetically pleasing to watch after it’s been ignited.
- Dual fuel technology using liquid propane or natural gas. No electricity needed.
- Blue Flame technology convect heat to warm the air just like a central heating system does.
- Heats up to 1,000 sq. ft.
- Thermostat to help control the level of heat within the room.
- Perfect for emergency situations when a no electric solution is needed to provide heating for the home.
- Runs off natural gas or liquid propane and no electricity is needed.
- Useful in emergencies. Also good for garage spaces that don’t have access to nearby electrical plug sockets.
- Small enough to fit in any garage size spaces.
- Not everyone will have these fuels available or will be able to buy the product if in California or Canada.
- Alternative fuels to electricity aren’t that popular.
7.Dr. Infrared Heater DR-988A Garage Shop Heater
The Dr. Infrared Heater DR-988A Garage Shop Heater is the perfect electric industrial garage heater. It’s a popular one for use on worksite and basements, workshops and garages. It’s specially designed heating element is perfect for these locations and spaces as well as having a portable design that’s perfect for transport.
It comes with a built-in thermostat and this can be adjusted from low to high depending on the amount of heat needed and for your own personal preference. The fan helps to keep a consistent warmth around the pace and is dependable for all your heating needs. A built-in cord storage can help keep your garage space tidy as well as helping to avoid any tripping hazards. As well as a number of safety features, this heater certainly has it all and more. It can heat a large room up fast and evenly without hot spots and cold spots that are typical with some heaters.
- Ideal for garages, basements, workshops and construction sites. Designed with workspaces in mind.
- Portable design makes it easier for transporting.
- Built-in thermostat to control temperature easily from the unit itself. Ranges from between 45-95 deg.
- 240/208V and 5600W. UL & C-UL listed.
- Built-in cord storage for avoiding tripping hazards.
- Finger proof intake and discharge grills.
- High temperature heating limit and auto-energy saving mode.
- Noise level fairly low meaning you can get on with your work without too much disruption.
- Adjustable temperature puts you in control. The heater will also cut off automatically if it reaches a temperature that’s overheating the device.
- The built-in cord is very handy for safety and to prevent tripping hazards that usually occur with cords around the workspace.
- It is known to rattle somewhat depending on the temperature and performance of the fan.
- No on/off switch means you will have to unplug it from the wall.
Best Garage Heaters Summary
Heating up your garage is especially important when it comes to those colder months. Whether it’s keep the garage temperature levels at a consistent temperature or helping you continue your DIY projects within the space, it’s certainly useful to have. This wide range of garage heaters will help keep you warm whilst providing all of the safety for your home. Figure out what’s needed for you and your budget. Benefit from the toasty temperatures provided by all of these heaters.